Migrate To UK: UK Visa Application
The UK (United kingdom) comprises Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and England and is a place for everyone. There are many reasons why many want to migrate to the UK, some for work purposes, education purposes, or for the love of the culture in the UK.
There are tons of options available to people who want to migrate to the UK, you are to understand the options and select the one that will be best and convenient for you.
In this article, we shall be walking through the easy process, by which you can migrate to the UK, kindly drop your comment at the end of the article, if you find any of the options confusing.
Familiarize Yourself With The UK’s Visa Option
There is a wide range of visa options offered by the United kingdom, ranging from permanent visa to temporary visa. Each visa option has its requirement and eligibility criteria. The UK Government website has a tool, to help you discover the type of document that will be required for your visa.
Almost everyone that wants to migrate to the UK, will have to make use of a VISA, and the visa requirements depend largely on your nationality and your purpose of migrating to the UK. Before embarking on your visa process, first have a clear idea of why you are migrating to the UK, this will help you understand the type of visa you are to acquire.
- Once you’ve been able to determine the type of visa you want, you can now apply for a visa here. To cut out stress, you can make use of third party migration services, such as visa first.
- If you will like to get a permanent visa in the UK, you may be eligible provided you have claimed asylum as a refugee, or you are going with the purpose of reuniting with your family in the UK, you can make use of the tool, to find out the requirements, for a permanent visa in the UK
- You will receive a biometric residence permit if you want to stay longer than 6 months in the UK.
- Bear in mind that, UK visa takes time to get processed, it takes months most times, depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
Learn About the Right Of Citizens In the OCT, EU, and EEA Member states
Some places or countries do not need to get a VISA before they can migrate to the UK. Such as members of the European Union, European economic area, including Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, or OCT (Overseas country and territories)
- Members from this country do not need to get a visa before they can migrate to the UK, for any purpose. All they need to do is to show their passport, and they equally have the right to every benefit, UK citizens are entitled to.
- However, bear in mind that the UK made a move to leave the EU, so there may be a restriction to the right and freedom of European Union members in the UK, however, this change won’t affect until after two years.
Enroll In an Educational Institution.
With a student visa, you have limited rights in the UK, because you are likely to return to your home country months after your study. With a student visa, you do not have the right to vote or run a political election
- Tier 4 (General) Visa: This type of student visa, permits students to stay no longer than 4 months, after their study in the UK.
- Tier 4 (Child) Visa: This type of visa permits students who are between the ages of 4-17 to stay in the UK after they study under the consent of their guardian or parent.
Apply For A Work Visa
You won’t be given a work visa in the UK, until you get an employer in the UK, to hire you. You will be automatically considered for a work visa, once you have gotten an employer who resides in the UK to hire you.
- Tier 1 work visa: This is for those, who have been able to display exceptional ability in their field or profession which will be a great help to the united kingdom economy.
- Tier 2 Work Visa: This is for skilled workers, who have special skills in an occupation. This type of visa requires that you have a sponsor in the UK.
- Tier 5 Work Visa: This type of visa is known as a general visa, for all those who want to work in the UK temporarily.
Apply For Other Available Visa
There are a series of options available to all those who want to migrate to the UK, and you are to choose anyone that best fits your purpose of migrating to the UK.
- Apply for a visa to join your family in the UK: If you have family who lives in the UK, (Spouse, children, parent, etc) you can apply for a visa to live with them
- As a parent, you can apply for a tier4 child visa. If you have a child with a tier 4 visa, you can apply for a visa that can allow you to stay with him/her for up to 12 years, with the possibility of extending your stay.
Preparing For Your Move
Learn as much English as possible: Generally, UK is an English speaking country. However, fluency may not be a criterion to work in the UK, but you need a basic understanding of the English language (speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
- Before leaving for the UK, you can enroll or dedicate your time to an international English time.
- English fluency is a criterion for some jobs requirement in the UK, kindly consult your employer if it’s part of your job requirement.
Find A Job
If you are moving to the UK, for career purposes, you will need to get a job as soon as possible on your arrival to the UK. Getting a job in Uk greatly depends on your English fluency and qualifications.
- Once you’ve got a job, you won’t be able to apply for a work permit yourself, your employer will have to apply for a work permit for you.
- To get job opportunities in the UK, kindly browse through sites like reed.co.uk, jobsite.co.uk, indeed.co.uk, Monster.co.uk.
- You can as well visit, United kingdom embassy in your home country, to inquire about employment opportunities, in your home country.
Living In The UK
On your arrival to the UK, you can stay in a hostel, while you search for a permanent house. However, do not for any reason sign a house agreement, until you fully understand and get acquainted with the terms and conditions.
- Rental prices in the united kingdom differ based on agreement and duration length.
- Consider living outside of London, as London accommodation charges are one of the highest in the world.